Sunday, September 27, 2009

Graduate School at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco, California



Decided to leave New York behind and take on the art world in San Francisco. A dream come true? Something along those lines. Working towards my MFA in Painting. Chose this route opposed to continuing in the field of education so I can have more options career-wise. I will still be able to teach at private schools or at colleges, but I'll also have the background and knowledge to be a successful freelancer. Own a gallery? Art connoisseur? I'll have to wait and find out.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you're taking your career to the next level Mel! The best teachers today are ones with real life stories and can be real life examples for students (of all ages!). I have no doubts that even if you don't formally teach, you will always be a teacher of the arts. I imagine you in your future gallery, holding art classes for people of all ages. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Meg! I love and miss you. I really really hope so; even though I'm here focusing on just my art, I know I can't get enough of teaching the kiddies!

    ReplyDelete