Friday, October 9, 2009

Professionalism

So the concept that is highly stressed throughout all of my classes is professionalism. There are strict guidelines to follow, even when it comes down to what type of paper and pencils are used. Papers to be graded have to be smudge free... accidental smears that happen on the travel to class? Not acceptable. Charcoal pencils and sticks are expected to be sharpened and ready to go before class. So if one breaks another can be picked up immediately (we don't lose our train of thought this way). My professor's pencils look like daggers. Creepy.

Be On Time and NEVER miss class! These classes run 6hrs a pop once a week, so missing a session is a huge deal. Receiving A's on assignments is rare. "I don't grade you guys on effort, your work has to be good, it has to be perfect." Well said Mr. Professor. So basically, I get to my 8:30 class at 8am. And I break down at least once while doing hw at some point because... "Ugh! I suck at this. I can't get this right! Omg it looks awful." Yup. It goes something like that.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melis...how is grad school going? Reading ur blogs make me think that these professors are a lot more anal then the ones at Wick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! It's going great... and yes, they are much more anal haha. But definitely for a good reason. I gotta call you soon so we can catch up, interested to know what you've been up to :) Pretty sure it's been over a yr now girl, ridiculous! Talk to you sooo soon.

    ReplyDelete