Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Confession

With lingering undergraduate irresponsibility tendencies, I missed one class and was late for another. I believe that happened during week 5... it was a rough one. I already beat myself up about it and still am, so I won't get into my excuses. Luckily for me, my professor was willing to dismiss my absence if I attended two drawing workshops, (which I go to anyway on my down time). There are workshops offered through my school, and a few that go on around town. I attended a figure drawing workshop in the Mission with my buddy Mike V, who also goes to the Academy. It was 9am on a Saturday, we were both hurting from partying the night before, I drove- bad idea. We finally got there about an hour late, paid 10 bucks, set up our stuff, and drew the hangover away. I wasn't impressed with what I did, but Valenti? I'm such a fan. I still say we go recession-friendly and draw each other.


I went to another workshop, held by the Academy this time. It was anatomy. I liked what I did at this one. Either way, I love the workshops but don't want to associate them with a missed class ever again. Mark my words, the first and last time I ever missed a class was during my 5 week at grad school.

No comments:

Post a Comment