Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Satisfaction

The Color Theory projects are pretty cool. Not a fan of the utility knife, but on days when I don't accidentally cut myself and keep the blade along side the ruler for the whole paper ride... satisfaction.

Learning the essentials.

Exploring color relationships. While figuring out how the hell to mix and use gouache. Tough medium to work with, at least for me. It's getting easier.



Learning how to direct the eye to a certain area of a design.


And yes, more exploring color relationships. It's evident that color does wonders to our emotions. Don't get all excited, I didn't draw these. I manipulated photos via photoshop, posterization, artistic cutout when needed, then mixed colors and painted. Color Theory class, not Drawing remember? "It's like paint-by-numbers!" My roomate thought she came up with a legit comparison, except I'd rather NOT compare my current work (or studies) to child's play. It's a lot harder to complete one of these things than you think, trust. Anyway, I'm getting too passionate about this so... These are posted in chronological order of assignment. Clearly I was not used to the medium at all when I did the first portrait. Almost getting smoooooth with it. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment